. Mardi Robyn: My First Christmas in Alabama Since 2004 Mardi Robyn: My First Christmas in Alabama Since 2004

Friday, December 22, 2017

My First Christmas in Alabama Since 2004



It has been a while since I did a blog post of thoughts.  A more personal blog post I guess is what I am trying to say.   This year is our first Christmas back in Alabama where I grew up.  My family and I moved from Alabama in 2004 to Mississippi.  This summer we moved back to our hometown in  Alabama.   It will be bittersweet having Christmas in Alabama again.  The reason I say bittersweet is for so long we have celebrated Christmas in Mississippi.  This year I won't be able to see my niece on Christmas. I have not missed a Christmas with her since she was born in 2014.   I won't see my oldest nephew, who is my brother at heart, or his fiance. I won't get to see one of my best friends who always came over Christmas day, even if he could only stay for a few minutes. 

I miss hanging out with my nephew, his fiance, my niece, my friend and other friends at my house and at my nephew and his fiances home.   Bittersweet memories. Joyous memories. Fond memories.

I spent a few days and some moments during some days depressed about it.  But, Jesus is the joy giver and He gives peace, hope and happiness.   I am looking forward to spending my first Christmas in Alabama in thirteen years.

To begin with my Parents and I thought we would have a home full for Christmas, my family in Mississippi was going to come here, my second oldest nephew in North Carolina was coming, and of course my sisters and their husbands and my youngest nephew here in Alabama were coming. I was excited and looking forward to all of my family being together on Christmas day, or any day for that matter all at one time.   However life has a way of changing plans. My nephew and his fiance in Mississippi cannot get off work, and I understand. My nephew in North Carolina cannot come because of work, and I understand.   

I am thankful however that my oldest sister Kristi and her husband will be here Christmas day, and my sister Kim, her husband and my youngest nephew will be here as well.  It will be fun having all of us together.  I will miss those who are not with us on Christmas day, and they will be in my thoughts and prayers, and I will text them and maybe call them on Christmas day, it won't be the same as having them with us, but it will help. 

This year instead of being saddened by missing family, I will choose to rejoice, we may not be together in person, but we will be together in our hearts and minds.

Welcome Christmas 2017 in my home State of Alabama.  I am looking forward to the memories we will make this year, our first year living back in Alabama since 2004. 

Are y'all looking forward to Christmas this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment

♫ ♪ Feel free to comment! I enjoy interacting with the readers of my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...