. Mardi Robyn: This Year I Turn Thirty Mardi Robyn: This Year I Turn Thirty

Friday, January 8, 2016

This Year I Turn Thirty

 
                                
 
 
In September of this year I will turn thirty.  There was a time when I thought thirty was old. I remember the day of my sisters wedding, I was thirteen and she was twenty-eight. It was a warm and sunny day in March, I was walking outside from one side of the Church to the other to go inside and see my sister before the wedding began.  I remember talking to Jesus, I told Him, "Please let me get married before I am my sister's age. I don't want to be that old when I get married. I want to be married by the time I am twenty-two."

Ha!
Ha!
Ha!

Guess what?  I am twenty-nine and I am not married.  Looking back at my thirteen year old mindset, I laugh because now that I am twenty-nine I realize thirty is not old at all. I am still a young whippersnapper with a lot of adventures to live.

I admit between thirteen and twenty-nine I did not use all of my time wisely. I did not do everything I should have. That fact can be said of many people, but I am responsible for myself.  I cannot get the time back that I wasted, but I can make an effort to do better with the time I have left.   Thirty is not the end of the world, just the end of the decade of my twenties.  I cannot go back and make up for what I did not do the ten years of my twenties, but I can start now to get what is left of twenty-nine right, and continue making progress when I am thirty, and the years that follow.

A few days ago one of my friends asked me did I make any New Years resolutions? I replied, "None, because I never keep them," to which he replied, "...That doesn't mean you cannot make them."

He is right, only instead of calling them resolutions I am going to make goals. I cannot go back in time and regain the time I wasted.  I can choose to use the time from this day forward to the best of my ability with God leading me each step of the way.  

Over the past three, soon to be four years since having a brain injury I have spent entirely to much time focusing on what I cannot do, and looking at what I hope to do one day, instead of focusing more on what I can do now.

  • I can read God's Word everyday and apply it to my life.
  • I can help others when needed and where I can.
  • I can play my piano everyday.
  • I can sing.
  • I can write.
  • I can blog more.
  • I can take walks outside talking to Jesus while I walk and take pictures of His beautiful creation.
  • I can be more productive with my business.
  • I can read more.
  • I can train my horses and spend time with them more often.
  • I can play with my dogs more often.
  • I can take care of myself; exercising and eating right.
  • I can be a better Daughter, Sister, Aunt and Friend.
  • I can strive to show the Love of Jesus to everyone I meet, which should be my first priority.

There is so much that I can do that I have not been doing. I want to make the most of the time I have left as a twenty-nine year old, so that when I turn thirty in September, I can go into it excited about accomplishing even more goals knowing I didn't merely go from day to day but I started today to do better and make the minutes and hours God gives me count for His glory.


"Wherefore he saith, Awake you that sleep, and arise from the dead, and Christ will give you light. See then that you walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise, Redeeming the time, because the days are evil.  Wherefore be you not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is. And do not be drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit. Speaking to yourselves in psalms, hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord. Giving thanks always for all things unto God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ."
  Ephesians 5:14-17-20

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like some good goals. :-) And, even more importantly, a good attitude....

    ReplyDelete

♫ ♪ Feel free to comment! I enjoy interacting with the readers of my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...