. Mardi Robyn: Throwback Posts: Vacation 2011 and Other Ramblings Mardi Robyn: Throwback Posts: Vacation 2011 and Other Ramblings

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Throwback Posts: Vacation 2011 and Other Ramblings

Hola! Como Estas? It feels strange sitting down to type a blog post after a month of not blogging. Sorry! I am not sure where to begin!

In July my parents and I took a long awaited trip to Branson, Missouri! We talked about taking this trip for a long time and finally did! It was my first vacation since I started working with Walgreens a year ago in April (Can you believe it has been that long!) This month will be a year since I began working in the pharmacy. Time really does fly. Branson, Missouri was awesome! I look forward to going back. We left our house in Mississippi on a Monday morning and arrived at our hotel in Missouri around 9:00p.m. that night! I immediately became in awe of all the buildings and lights! There are so many theaters there! Tuesday morning we went to the "Branson Variety Theater" to see a two hour "Shake, Rattle & Roll 50's music show!" I would add photographs but my uploader is not wanting to cooperate. Maybe next time!

I enjoy listening to 50's and 60's music so this show was a lot of fun! After the show we ate at "Landry's Seafood" and went shopping and sight seeing. We ended up at Wal-Mart and a big outlet shopping mall.
"Tanger Outlet Mall." After shopping we went back to our hotel room to freshen up before leaving to go to the highlight of the trip, "Presley's Country Jubilee" theater! For a couple of years now my family and I have watched their show on the television network RFDTV. We enjoy their music and talked about one day attending their show! We did, and let me tell you, it was definitely worth the trip!!! We want to go back! I could listen to them sing and perform for hours! One of the singers in the show "Bruce Haynes" wrote a song called "Praise His Name," that was made popular by the southern gospel family group "Jeff & Sheri Easter." It is one of my favorite songs, and I have sung it in Church and other events since I was about fourteen or fifteen, so hearing the writer of the song sing it and watching him in person was awesome! You could feel the anointing of the Holy Spirit as he sung. It was incredible!

The Presley's have a live dvd of the show available for purchase after the show is over so my Daddy bought one, we watched it a couple of weeks ago when my sister Kim, and nephew Austin came to visit! It was great watching it! At both the "Shake, Rattle & Roll" and the "Presley's Country Jubilee" we sat on the second row center stage. I loved the seating! Pictures were not allowed to be taken during the "Shake Rattle & Roll" but at the "Presley's Country Jubilee" they allowed photographs to be taken and I took a lot!!

After the show we ate at IHOP that stayed open 24 hours. Usually when I eat at an IHOP I order chocolate chip pancakes, but this time I switched it up and ordered some kind of healthy crepes that had mixed fruit and yogurt on it and it was really good! Wednesday morning we packed up our things and headed back to Mississippi! We passed through the outskirts of Memphis, Tennessee! I was thrilled. I have always wanted to be go to Tennessee, it may have been the outskirts, and we only stopped at a gas station to use the restroom but I can now say I have been to Tennessee!! Yeehaw!

Thursday we rested and I got my first spray tan at a hair and beauty salon in the town I work in. That was an interesting experiences. If I ever get a spray tan again it will be in the morning so I can go straight home and wait for it to set in because the first couple of hours I looked as if I played in the mud, until it evened out. The next day, being Friday my Parents and one of my best friends from work and I went to New Orleans to the Aquarium! We took a lot of pictures and had a lot of fun! Afterwards we walked the sidewalks to "Landry's Seafood." I enjoyed walking and taking pictures, and taking even more pictures as we drove through to head out of New Orleans. Once back at my house, my friend and I went to her house to pick up her sister and then we went to a two day festival that started that night the "Watermelon Festival." We walked around for a while and then loaded up in my Jeep and went to the town we work in and hung out for a while before going back to their place! I went to the festival the next day as well and hung out with them until she had to leave for work, then I walked around looking at all the booths, and taking a lot of pictures. I enjoyed the car show, it was fun looking at all of the antique cars on display. Later that evening another friend and I went back.

One thing about this summer is I have spent less time online and more time with friends, it has been great spending time with my friends. The two friends I hung out with the most started their first year of college last week. I am going to miss seeing them both on a regular basis, but the good thing is neither one of the colleges are far away so the driving distance is not far at all.

I talked about starting college this year and getting my basics out of the way, but I procrastinated and did not take the time to finish registering. So as of now my plan is the Spring of 2012.

I am trying to think of some other news, I passed my pharmacy technician certification test! Thank the Lord! It surprised me when the test was complete and I submitted my answers and the screen said "Pass." I my jaw dropped and I sat there surprised for a few minutes before getting up! It still amazes me that I passed. I know that it was only by the grace of God that I passed because I literally prayed every question asking God to help me, and He did!! My God is amazing like that!

Well I pulled out my "Old Testament Survey" books from high school. I want to read some before I turn the lights out to go to sleep.

I would say I won't wait so long to update next time, but I do not know if that will happen or not!

Thanks for reading my blog!

God Bless!!


"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths." ~Proverbs 3:5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment

♫ ♪ Feel free to comment! I enjoy interacting with the readers of my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...