. Mardi Robyn: Throwback Posts: I Am A Daughter of the King Mardi Robyn: Throwback Posts: I Am A Daughter of the King

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Throwback Posts: I Am A Daughter of the King

I'm learning that we are human, we make mistakes. We do things we say we would never do, we let our guard down, we stumble off the straight and narrow, we mess up, it is apart of life. Does it mean we are not Christians? No, it means we are human, we are imperfect human beings, whose faith is made perfect in Jesus Christ.

Everyone makes mistakes, everyone goofs up, everyone does things and then wonders why in the world we did them, how in the world could we be so stupid. Our stupidity makes us question our insanity and we wonder is God's grace still sufficient....truth is...YES!! His Grace is always sufficient.

Being a Christian isn't about being perfect, no one is perfect, the only perfect human being to walk the face of the earth was Jesus Christ! We can never be perfect, stop trying. Does that mean we shouldn't try to do our best? No, that means we should strive to obey God and His Word...BUT not in our own strength. When we try to walk the straight and narrow by ourselves, we become prideful thinking it is us, and thinking ours salvation is determined by our actions...wrong. The Bible clearly says, "For by Grace are you saved, through faith and not of yourselves, it is the gift of God, not of works lest any man (or woman) should boast." We cannot earn our salvation, our salvation is given to us freely by God, out of love for us. For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. (John 3:16)

I am not perfect. That hurts my pride. But Proverbs does say that pride comes before a fall.. That is so true. I have tried to do it on my own, and I failed. I fall flat on my face, but Christ picks me up!

I've tried to be perfect, I failed. I tried to earn my salvation, the debt was to much, I couldn't pay. I tried to walk the Christian walk in my own strength, I couldn't, I wasn't strong enough. Instead I made mistakes, confused myself, ran up a bill of guilt and regret, let satan fill my head with doubt, I wondered how I let things go so far, I'm Mardi Manning, it shouldn't be this way, then it dawned on me....who do I think I am? What does Mardi Manning have to do with anything? Who is she that she thinks she is so great, so different from the rest of the world. My salvation isn't based on what I do, it isn't based on how good I act, what mistakes I make or do not make. My salvation is based solely on the blood Jesus Christ shed for me out of love. My salvation is in Christ and Christ alone. It is by the grace of God that I am saved. I get dirty, dusty, and sometimes rusty, but it's Christ who redeems me, It is Christ who cleanses me. It is Christ who brings a new day, a fresh start, like soap washes dirty clothes, Christ blood washes me.

Having a strong Christian witness isn't about being perfect, if we were perfect no one would want to become a Christian because no one can be perfect. Christ knew no one was perfect, thus the reason He came and died so that imperfect people had a chance at forgiveness, at a new beginning, at a bright future. Being a Christian is about admitting we are sinners, saved by grace. When we stumble we shouldn't feel discouraged, we shouldn't let the devil bombard us with thoughts of "ooo you ruined your witness." Sometimes that happens, we are imperfect people, but when we stumble, the test is do we stay defeated and totally ruin our witness, or do we choose to get back up and be a witness of what Christ can do in a person's life.

It's like a told a friend in a facebook comment I'm not perfect, I never will be. Does that mean I give-up? No, it means that I quit trying to walk the Christian walk in my own strength. I fail miserably. I make mistakes, I do things I regret, I say things I shouldn't say, I act in a way that isn't pleasing to Christ, I fail numerous times. Do I give up?? Yes!!! I give up myself, I give up trying to do it on my on, I surrender to the One who saved my soul a long time ago. And I stop trying to walk the walk alone, and instead take Christ's hand and let Him be my strength. The devil will throw a ton of regret up in your face, and say your witness is ruined, you messed up, what will people think..blah blah. Truth is I am human. Mardi Manning is not God. Mardi Manning is a sinner who was in need of a Savior, who died to save me. Therefore I cannot live up to God's standards on my own strength, I need his forgiveness, his grace, his mercy and his unfailing love everyday, so when I do mess up and make mistakes, He forgives me, and like a parents corrects a child, they do it out of love, but they do not stay mad, they love him/her regardless and give them a second chance. I'm thankful for second chances. It's not about being perfect, I've tried, I fail. It's about forgiveness, it all goes back to Christ and what He did for us, not what we try to do ourselves on our own. It's about grace. I screw up, but God's grace still remains, and it's never to late to get back up and start fresh! It's not about being perfect, when we fail, don't wallow in it, instead get up, keep going. it's about getting up and pressing forward. Like in a race, you don't give up just because you are behind, you keep running until you reach the finish line

I told another friend yesterday, I am human. I make mistakes. I cannot try and be perfect, perfect I am not. I am a human being, guilty yet forgiven by the grace of God who sent His Son, shed His blood and says I'm free. Free because He broke the chains of bondage, if I stay in bondage it's cause I choose to be there, which would be stupid when Christ holds the key and I have right to use them anytime

After all, it's like a chorus to a song says that I wrote years ago..

"I am a daughter of the King. I am blood bought and I'm redeemed, Created in the image of Jesus Christ my King, no longer bound by sin and shame, Jesus blood it still remains, I am a daughter of the King!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

♫ ♪ Feel free to comment! I enjoy interacting with the readers of my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...