. Mardi Robyn: Throwback Post: Coming Out of the Fog Mardi Robyn: Throwback Post: Coming Out of the Fog

Friday, June 14, 2013

Throwback Post: Coming Out of the Fog

Over the past few months I have found myself updating my facebook status and tweeting more than I blog. Oops!

So far 2012 has been a whirlwind of eye openers and getting back to the basics. Back to my roots. Back to being....me. Looking back over the past year and a half I see I was walking around in some sort of fog. The thing about walking in a fog is you know you are there, everything is confusing, you want to get out of the fog but you do not know how or when that will happen. I went from feeling like that to one day a few months back feeling myself slowly coming out of the fog, to this present day being out of the fog and looking back and thinking. Wow!

When you walk outside of the will of God, everything becomes unclear, you become dazed and confused. You turn to everyone and everywhere trying to find some sort of clear path but nothing makes sense. You don't seem to have a direction. It is as if who you are is no longer good enough and you turn to others for approval and acceptance. Your confidence dwindles, your world feels turned upside down. You make choices you thought you would never make. You say and do things outside of who you are. It is as if you go through an identity crisis.. and you do. That's what happens when you are walking in a fog. You don't think straight, you let emotions rule your thinking. You don't use wisdom or good judgment. You avoid confrontations, and standing up for yourself. You basically act as if you are spineless and oblivious to the world. You are not, but that is how it seems.

Walking outside of the will of God makes everything unclear, but walking inside His will you find meaning, you realize everything makes sense. He sheds light on what was going on when you were walking in the fog and reveals He never left your side! Never once did He leave mine, though at times I doubted if He was going to do anything. I knew He would, but my faith was shaking.

We all go through times in life where we act contrary to who God created us to be. We walk in a fog and do things we wouldn't do had we been walking in the Light of Christ. Its amazing how when I began to turn back in the direction God wanted me, He turned the lights on and lead me out of the fog. Just like in the natural when its foggy outside and we are driving down the road, we would get lost and in a mess if we didn't use our lights. I'm learning that is what God does, He is our light to light or way and lead us out of the fog when we stray. It doesn't matter what time of day or night, we can call on Him and He doesn't delay but He hastens to help His children. Some of us, like me chose to stay in the fog longer than we should or could have. Like the Israelites wandered in the desert for 40 years to many, I wandered in the fog to long, instead of calling out to Christ to shine His light and get me out! No matter how long you have been in the fog, its never to late to let God get you out of there.

It's like a man of God told me Sunday at Church through God prompting Him to tell me, in life we have stumbling blocks, but we have to learn to stand on top of them. I feel that's where I am at right now. God is teaching me to stand on top of my stumbling blocks. I asked this man, "How?" His response was "God will show you." Guess what? God is showing me!!!

I'm so glad my God has lead me out of the fog. I am having to remember not to give into satans lies that try to make me feel bad for being in the fog and for acting contrary to who I am in Christ Jesus. The stupid devil will try to throw all sorts of ugly reminders to get us to go back into the fog, but we have to stand our ground. (No weapon formed against us shall prosper!!!, and We are more than conquerors through Christ Jesus!!) Stand on the word of God and remind the devil that our mistakes, our past is in the past. Jesus blood covers it, we are justified through Christ Jesus, He forgives and His grace still abounds. I love to remind the devil that my past is in the past and I am made clean and new in Christ, but the devils future is still ahead. I know how it ends...as a child of God.. I win and the devil loses!

No comments:

Post a Comment

♫ ♪ Feel free to comment! I enjoy interacting with the readers of my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...