. Mardi Robyn: Throwback Post: My Jesus Mardi Robyn: Throwback Post: My Jesus

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Throwback Post: My Jesus

It feels almost strange typing this blog post, not because of the content I am about to type but because it has been so long since I have posted a meaningful post on this blog.

This morning I woke up and was laying in bed talking to God and thinking. My mind dwelled on many things. God revealed somethings to me that I needed to see. It was one of those sweet, dare I say intimate moments with my Father. His peace gave me the strength that I needed for the day. I still feel peace inside.

I won't share everything but one particular thing that stood out was this..

Years ago I read a quote somewhere on the internet that said "When a guy sweeps you off your feet he is in the perfect position to drop you on your butt." Tis' true. Since reading it I thought to myself I want Mr. Right who will sweep me off my feet and never let me go.

I still want that, I believe I will get that. I know I will. I will get the husband who will love me and represent the ultimate Man who already caught me and never lets me go. That man is Jesus Christ. The perfect man to ever walk the face of the earth gave His life for mine. He caught me before I was ever born. God created me, formed me in His hands and called me His child.

Many times I have strayed. I have stumbled but, God's grace has always been there. His arms always caught my fall. When I wrecked Jesus was there. He was the first and last person on my mind before I quit breathing and He was the name I called out when I came to. Jesus is that one true love who swept me up in His arms and He protects me. Cares for me. Watches over me. Loves me for me and will never, ever leave me nor will He forsake me. I have the King of kings and the Lord of lords with me everyday of my life.

When I wake up in the morning. He is there. As I go throughout the day, Jesus is there. When I lay my head down to go to sleep at night He is still right there. When I awake at night from tossing and turning or wake up from dreams that startle me, He is there to comfort me.

He is the peace that passes all understanding. He is my Savior. He is who I want my Mr. Right to pattern His life after. The flip side of that responsibility is that I myself pattern my life after Jesus so that I am the wife to Mr. Right that I am suppose to be.

At 26 years of age I still dream of the perfect wedding. I have so many ideas pinned on pinterest it is kind of funny. I believe with all my heart that the day will come quicker than I imagine, but if it never does I can honestly say my Jesus is enough. He swept me off my feet and I grow in love with Him more and more each day.

Do you know Him?

No comments:

Post a Comment

♫ ♪ Feel free to comment! I enjoy interacting with the readers of my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...