. Mardi Robyn: Throwback Posts: It's My Job? Mardi Robyn: Throwback Posts: It's My Job?

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Throwback Posts: It's My Job?

Is It My Job?


I often question will I be held responsible for my neighbors if they died and go to hell. Will their lives be on my hands because I failed to tell them about Jesus Christ. Is it my job? Am I suppose to witness to my neighbors? I believe I already know the answer. YES. For many months, actually if I am honest with myself ever since my Parents and I moved here, four years and two months ago -- God has dealt with me about witnessing to those in my community. The question that keeps coming to my Spirit is how can I witness to my community if I won’t witness to those living on my own street? There’s this whole issue of pride, shyness, “What if I look stupid?”

“Where do I start?”
“Won’t I be invading people’s privacy?”
“Aren’t I suppose to leave people alone and not speak unless spoken too, or bother people unless they come to me first?”

Typing those out they sound really lame. Excuses by the dozen never matter in the end. So why do I procrastinate? Why am I still puzzled? Am I still puzzled? Was I ever really puzzled? Isn’t the commandment to tell other’s about Christ loud and clear stated plainly for us to understand within the pages of God’s Holy Word? Yes.

So what’s the problem? Me?


Since I was a little girl I have been interested in Missions and Evangelism. Something about it always drew my attention like a magnet attracting a magnet. I was drawn to conversations adults would have about the Bible and witnessing to people. Something on the inside of me would stir. Even at a young age. When I would read about Missionaries and Evangelists in my school books, or hear stories being told of Missionaries in Sunday School and Children’s Church, or Missionaries would come speak at our Church, and Evangelists would preach, something about it all caught my attention. My favorite part of Children’s Church was the Missions Sunday’s. I loved it. My favorite part of my Pace’s was Bible, and stories of Missionaries and Evangelists of older days, such as D.L. Moody, George Muller, Jim and Elisabeth Elliot, Nate Saint, and many others. They all caught my attention. I knew at a young age what my calling was. I could feel God calling me to ministry for His glory before I ever learned to read and write good. At twenty-two I still feel that call on my life, just stronger. So what am I going to do about it? I dream of the day God opens the door and I get to go on Missions trips in and out of the Country. I’ve dreamed of that for years. But if given the opportunity tomorrow would I be ready? Honestly, as much as it hurts to admit, I do not believe so. Why? Because if I cannot tell my neighbors about Jesus, how can I be responsible to tell people whose culture I barely understand about the love of Jesus?

Sure there are dozens of excuses such as “I’m to young.” I’m a girl.” “What if my words get all messed up.” “What if I forget what I’m saying in the middle of what I’m saying.” “What if I get scared and no words come?” “What if people think I’m stupid and fuss at me?” I hate arguing. I hate confrontations. I dislike the feeling I get when I think I have let someone down, or someone doesn’t approve. I’m shy, and reserved, yet I long to break free from that bondage and just be me, the imperfect person God made me to be and use my talents and gifts for the glory of God without any restraints I demand I make on me. How many opportunities has God given me to witness to someone in Wal-Mart and I just lowered my head and walked away for fear of rejection, fear it wasn’t the Holy Spirit telling me to witness to that person. Fear of being to young, fear of letting my shyness take over. Fear. For such a small four letter word, we sure let it have a lot of influence over us. Excuse me, let me make it real, I sure let it have a lot of influence over me. I read an acronym for Fear a long time ago and I like it, but don’t pay as much attention to it like I should. Fear stands for “False Evidence Appearing Real.” II Timothy 1:7 says “For God hath not given us the Spirit of fear but of POWER and LOVE and of a SOUND MIND.”
I know this. I’ve been taught that all my life. Shouldn’t I overcome the fear by the blood of Jesus and live my life pleasing to my King? I should. It’s time I do so. Because I’m fully persuaded unless I get out of my comfort zone in the small community God has placed me in for the time being, I will not be able to let God use me for bigger things in bigger places. I have to start where I am at now. I have to use the gifts and talents God has given me now. I have to walk through the doors God has opened now, and quit trying to guess which one God is going to open next when I haven’t even walked through the open one first. I have to stop trying to see past the light God has given me for the steps He has asked me to take, now. Just like the headlights on a car, you can only see as far as the light in front of you. You need not see farther until the time comes, and when the time comes God will provide the light you need at the exact moment you need it. God expects us to walk by faith and not by sight. I know this. I’ve been taught this. It’s time I live this. Just as the old saying goes “You can talk the talk but can you walk the walk?” Yes, I can, with Christ I can, because it’s my job to follow Him. My favorite verse “I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me.” It’s time I live it, and not just say it.

So how do I get out of my comfort zone and witness to people? I let God lead me.

Another excuse that pops up in my mind, “But you’re a girl. What can a girl do? Let a man do the witnessing and you just learn to take care of a household, cooking and cleaning etc.. you got to learn how to do those things so you’ll know how to take care of your husband when you get married and the children you will have together. True, I need to know how to do those things, and I know how to clean and cook to a degree, there is still so much more I need to learn. But, just because I am a girl does not mean I am excluded from the commandment to tell other’s about Jesus Christ. I am still responsible to do so. With my actions, my words, my deeds. All that I do should be a witness of Jesus Christ my King. All that I say should be pleasing to Him. “Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in thy sight O Lord my strength and my Redeemer.” Psalm 19:14

Just because I am a girl, does not mean I am not suppose to tell other’s about Jesus. I am. So it’s time I start.

Fear gets in the way. But Faith moves mountains. So easy, so simple. Sounds within reach. With Christ it is. “For with God nothing is impossible.”

I am not sure what God wants me to do about what He wants me to do. I know He is leading me. I feel a stirring inside. His hand is on my life and I cannot run from it, and trust me I’ve tried to run from it by ignoring it and using every excuse I could possibly think of and the whole time I tried running I was miserable because I was fighting the very hand that gave me life and made it possible for me to fight at all. I am to fight the good fight of faith, not the Father who created me to fight the good fight of faith and tell other’s of His love. Discouragement should not have any place in my life, so why do I let it dwell and make me feel down and out, miserable and depressed to the point of throwing pity-parties. That is just what the devil wants. Me to through a pity-party because he knows by me doing so I will get sidetracked and lose focus on pleasing God, my Lord and my Savior.

I’m tired of playing games. It is my job to carry the good news inside of me and live Jesus Christ in my life everyday. The world needs to see Jesus in the lives of Christians. I know this. I can tell anyone this, yet if I do not live it in my life, my words mean nothing. Its like the saying goes, be the change you want the world to see. If there needs to be change, and there does, let it start with me first.

It’s my job. I have been hired by Jesus Christ to spread the good news of the greatest advertisement of love ever placed, 1 cross, three nails, one Man who gave His life for all….LOVE…JESUS. It’s my job to tell the good news and wear the name tag proudly that I am a child of God and Jesus loves me.

It’s my job.

It’s your job.

What are we going to do about it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

♫ ♪ Feel free to comment! I enjoy interacting with the readers of my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...