. Mardi Robyn: Throwback Posts: It's Not A Gun Problem, It's a Soul Problem Mardi Robyn: Throwback Posts: It's Not A Gun Problem, It's a Soul Problem

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Throwback Posts: It's Not A Gun Problem, It's a Soul Problem

I snipped this cartoon picture from an email someone sent me, and wanted to blog it. I almost didn't for fear of someone disagreeing, but I realize there are many people who will disagree with things that I do, we will just have to learn to disagree, agreeably!



(In cause you can't see the small print, it says "My next door neighbor wants to ban all guns! Their house is not armed. To respect their opinion I promise not to use my guns to help protect them.")

I strongly disagree with the government wanting to take away our guns. Don't you see the stupidity in that? It is our right to have a means to protect ourselves. If you want to control the use of guns, than put God's Word and prayer back in schools. Statistics show that America has had a rapid increase in violence ever since prayer and Bible reading was taken out of public schools in 1962. If you eliminate the Word of God, voilence will take over. We see it everyday, all you have to do is flip on the t.v and channel hop until you find the news. Taking away the guns of American people will not eliminate violence, people will just find another means to be mean. The only way to clean up America, is go back to the roots it was founded on. The B.I.B.L.E


We don't need to fight to eliminate guns, we need to fight to get people saved. How do we fight? With the Word of God. Introduce people to Jesus and the violence will decrease. God's Word is sharper than a twoedged sword.

For the Word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
Hebrews 4:12

We don't need to fight gun use, we need to spread the gospel of Jesus Christ. The government can take away our guns, but it won't eliminate the problem, there will still be a sin problem. There will still be souls in need of Jesus saving grace. God calls us as Christians to "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature," (Mark 16:15) that doesn't necessarily mean you have to be a Pastor of a church, or an Evangelist preaching, you can "preach" the gospel by the lifestyle that you live, by sharing your faith with those you meet.

I think taking away guns would be the wrong thing to do, but that is my opinion. If the goverment did, I know I could still rest safe and secure in the arms of Christ. Because my Bible tells me that "No weapon that is formed against me shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against me in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is of me, saith the Lord." Isaiah 54:17

God keeps me safe! (Psalm 91) I trust Him!! (Proverbs 3:5-6) And should not ever live in fear because God gave me power, love and a sound mind. (2 Timothy 1:7) because Greater is He (God) that is in me, than he (the devil) that is in the world. (I John 4:4) So regardless of the outcome, my protection lies in Christ, not in a gun. But I still believe it's wrong for the government to try and take the freedom of Americans to own a gun away

Like I said, its not a gun problem, it's a soul problem. Us as Christians need to work to spread the Gospel of Christ, instead of sitting on our duff complaining about every little thing that doesn't go our way. The Church is filled with hypocrites who talk one thing but do another. We live in a time where it is important for us that we don't just talk to the talk, but we start walking the walk, and live boldly for the world to see Jesus is what we need.


If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land. II Chronicles 7:14

No comments:

Post a Comment

♫ ♪ Feel free to comment! I enjoy interacting with the readers of my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...