. Mardi Robyn: Oldies but Goodies Mardi Robyn: Oldies but Goodies

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Oldies but Goodies

Earlier this week neither my Mama nor myself could sleep so we decided to watch some television. It was after 1am in the Mawwning  (imagine a fake british accent saying morning..lol) and there was really nothing on television worth watching, so I decided to do what I do best when there isn't anything on t.v.... hit up the music stations... My Mama and I spent probably an hour listening to awesome music from the 50's, 60's, and 70's... yes even the 70's. For those of you that know me know I am a HUGE fan of 50's and 60's but usually not so much of a fan of 70's & 80's or so I thought. Turns out there are some really cool jams I like that was birthed out of the 1970's.  Pretty sweet!

So for this blog post I wanted to share some of the fun songs we listened to that is sure to get your feet clapping, hands tapping, and your lips to singing along!  (Might even get your feet tapping, and your hands clapping!)   

I had planned on embedding the videos from youtube onto this blog post but my blogging editor feature is messing up today (probably the weather) so instead I included the links! Click on each song title and a new window will open up to take you to the song on the big site known as youtube!

Enjoy!

"Celebration." ~Kool & the Gang.

"Johnny B Goode." ~Chuck Berry (LOVE the guitar playing on this song!)

"Ko Ko Joe." ~Jerry Reed

"Hey Joe." ~Carl Smith

"The Loco-Motion." ~Grand Funk

"Car Wash." ~Rose Royce

"Does Your Chewing Gum Lose Its Flavor on the Bedpost Overnight?"  ~Lonnie Donegran

Did you sing along?!



Wait up!  If you haven't noticed on the left <------- I added a form spring thingy, feel free to ask me anything!   Thanks!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

♫ ♪ Feel free to comment! I enjoy interacting with the readers of my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...