. Mardi Robyn: Everyone Needs A Friend Mardi Robyn: Everyone Needs A Friend

Wednesday, September 20, 2023

Everyone Needs A Friend

  It is easy to get caught up in our day to day lives that we neglect people.


It seems like friendships as a child were easier than friendships as an adult. Maybe because as children we did not overthink and feel like we were bothering people, we were just friendly.  


I withdrew from people for many years, mostly due to hurt, depression and the health issues I had. I didn’t want to be a burden.  In doing so I missed out on friendships from people who would never hurt me. 


I’m also kind of shy until you get to know me.  

I am learning when you think of someone call or text them, don’t leave it up to them to always contact you first.  Make time for people. We never know when someone needs a friend. I am working on this in my life. I don’t want to make anyone feel unwanted, unloved, alone, lonely, invisible or ignored. I know what it’s like to feel that way.


We hurt ourselves when we build up walls and try to convince ourselves that we don’t need anyone.  God created us to have companionship, not only with Him but each other. Everyone needs a friend. If you ever need a friend, you have one in me. 


“A man that has friends must show himself friendly: and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother.” Proverbs 18:24

No comments:

Post a Comment

♫ ♪ Feel free to comment! I enjoy interacting with the readers of my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...