. Mardi Robyn: My Roots Mardi Robyn: My Roots

Wednesday, July 12, 2023

My Roots


 Growing up I heard people say you always go back to your hometown.  For many years I didn’t believe it.  I moved with my family to Mississippi a month and two days before my 18th birthday. I saw it as an adventure. It was bittersweet, I disliked leaving everyone I knew behind, but I was excited for the future. Somewhere along the way I made up my mind I was never moving back to Alabama, I would only go back to visit.  My plan was live in Mississippi until I graduated school and go to Nashville. 😂. Still ain’t visited Nashville, much less lived there.  


It is amazing how God changes our hearts and minds when we let Him. (Don’t get me wrong it’s still a dream to visit Nashville.) When it was time to move back to Alabama, I was ready.  It is interesting how life happens. God brought me back to Castleberry six years ago and it was here God’s healing started in my life in a way I cannot explain in this post.  


God has a way of working things out for our good and His glory.  I love living back in Alabama.

Will I ever move to another State? Only God knows that, for now I am content to live here. I am thankful God brought me back to my roots, I have always been an Alabama girl and always will be no matter where I live.


Riding the 4-Wheeler down red dirt roads this evening,  I had an overwhelming sense of gratitude. No matter where I go or what I do, I feel at home on a red dirt road, surrounded by trees, with a blue sky canopied above me.


Whatever you are facing, do not limit God. He knows best. His plans are best. His ways are greater than ours. It may not make sense. You may be mad at God. I was for a long time. He never stopped loving me.  He never stopped loving you either and He never will.


You may never go back to your hometown roots and that’s okay. Some people don’t. There are some roots I want to encourage you to go back to, that’s to God and the Bible you learned as a child. God hasn’t left you. He loves you, He cares for you. Maybe your Mama taught you about God, don’t stray from it.   Maybe you don’t have a God foundation, maybe your roots were not planted in His Word or Church.  Even if you did not have godly parents or a Church background you still have a root connection to God. He created you. He loves you. He sent His Son Jesus to die for you so you can have eternal life in Him.  Before He formed you in your mothers womb He knew you. 


I cannot imagine what my life would be like if I had stuck to my determination to never move back to my hometown.  I’m so thankful I did.  Isn’t it time you move back home to God?  God’s waiting on you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

♫ ♪ Feel free to comment! I enjoy interacting with the readers of my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...