. Mardi Robyn: God’s Calling and Knowing Who Your Friends Are Mardi Robyn: God’s Calling and Knowing Who Your Friends Are

Wednesday, July 12, 2023

God’s Calling and Knowing Who Your Friends Are

 I wrote this on my Facebook in March.

I read a post today about God’s calling, hurt and finding out who your friends are. I can relate. 


I have been there. I have experienced abandonment, isolation and loneliness. Those wounds cut deep, especially when you are already hurting. When I was at my worst mentally, and physically due to health and life, people who I thought would never leave me…left.  People who should have understood health issues,  instead chose to leave and talk about me, or refused to stand up for me when others did. I am not bitter. It hurt, but I forgave. 


Many nights I spent crying to God, because it felt at times He left me too. He didn’t.  Most of my life I never felt like I fit in. I always felt different. I had friends but never like most people I knew. Once I reached my teens I was alone more times than I hung out with anyone.  In my early twenties I had some friends for a while, however when times got tough I learned who was really a friend and who was not.  Isn’t that always how it goes?


The journey of life takes you down different roads. Everyone gets busy. You learn who your friends aren’t but also who your friends are,  those who stay in touch even if it is months in between conversations, you know they are still your friends. Life gets busy, conversations few but they are always there. I am thankful for friends who are there.  My group is small, but I know I am loved and I love them. I am thankful for the friends I have. We may not talk everyday, sometimes weeks, and months  in between but I know they are there. 


One truth remains, God has never left me. He has never left you either.


The calling of God will oftentimes isolate you from anyone but God.  He will use the season of hurt and brokenness to show you His strength and that He is all you need. He will hold you in His arms in the middle of the night when you question “Am I normal? What is wrong with me? Why do people leave? Why am I still single and others are not?” “Why is this trial taking so long?” “What is the purpose?” “What is my worth?” “Why God?”  In His gentle ways He comforts, He loves, He wraps His love around me and always whispers peace to my soul. Have you ever been in the midst of chaos, in the midst of panic, in the midst of depression when your heart and mind is a mess, but you have peace in your soul because You know regardless of the storm God is in control.


As Kathy Crabb Hannah  wrote in her recent post I read, “The tragedy rerouted you to your destiny.”  I don’t know her but her posts often touch me to the core. (I shared the recent one that I am referencing below.)


I am still in route, but I know I am closer than before. 


God is in control.


No matter what you are going through know that God is with you. Deuteronomy 31:8 says God goes before us (He is not surprised) He will never leave you nor forsake you.   Call out to Him. He loves you. He gave His son for YOU. (John 3:16)  This walk of life is rough, but it is so much easier with God. I know I tried it without Him, it’s terrible without Him.  You have not gone so far or sinned so much that God cannot forgive you when you call on His name. He wants you. He loves you. His grace is sufficient for you.  All you have to do is talk to Him.


Whosoever calls on the name of the Lord will be saved. Romans 10:13


That if thou shalt confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and will believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved Romans 10:9

No comments:

Post a Comment

♫ ♪ Feel free to comment! I enjoy interacting with the readers of my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...