. Mardi Robyn: Jesus, My Foundation. Mardi Robyn: Jesus, My Foundation.

Friday, July 24, 2020

Jesus, My Foundation.

Life often throws us curve balls.  A surprise out of no where that rocks our world, turns us upside down and shakes the core of our existence, or so it seems.

When this happens we learn if our house is built on shifting sand or the solid rock of Jesus, as the parable in Matthew 7:24-27.  Are you familiar with the story?

A foolish man built his house on sand, when the winds and the storms came it demolished his house.   A wise man builds his house on rock so when the winds come and try to knock it down and the storms come trying to wash it away, it will stand because the foundation is stronger.  We try to build our lives on a weak foundation, its like building sandcastles in the sand, its fun and entertaining, but when the tide rushes to the shore it crumbles the castles.

As I get older I learn how important it is to build my life on Jesus. The solid rock. As the song goes "All other grounds are shifting sand."

When the storms come, and they will, where is your foundation? Do you trust the world and its fickle foolishness, its ever changing definition of what stability is "suppose" to look like, or do you build your foundation in Jesus who is the solid rock, a firm foundation who we can put our trust in, give our life over to his hands, because He gave his life for us.


No comments:

Post a Comment

♫ ♪ Feel free to comment! I enjoy interacting with the readers of my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...