. Mardi Robyn: Throwback Post: It's Just a Cup Mardi Robyn: Throwback Post: It's Just a Cup

Sunday, November 10, 2019

Throwback Post: It's Just a Cup

I wrote this status on my Facebook in 2015 when there was a big to do about boycotting Starbucks because they changed the color and design of their Christmas cup. As if we didn't have anything else to argue about, people argued about a cup. Let me repeat, a cup! A cup that you drink out of and throw in the garbage.   I shared my opinion, it came up in my memories today, so I decided to share it here.



I don't agree with Starbucks not supporting our military. I could care less what color the cup the delicious coffee comes in. Here is what we do not think about, while religious groups are boycotting and screaming shut it down, what about the people working there who have bills to pay, who are in college, or supporting a family. What about the teenager who is a mother and couldn't find any other job. The company may have mean ideas and be anti-Christian but not every employee that works there is. Are we really being Christ like in wanting millions of innocent employees to go without a job just because the company is wrong? Is it very Christ like to leave employees
without a job? Some will become homeless. Are you going to give them a job once you take theirs away? Let's take this further, Walmart supports all kind of crap and we shop there every day. Saudi Arabia kills gays yet that hasn't stopped us from supporting them when we put gas in our cars to go places. Get real people! There is a bigger issue here. If we were as courageous about showing love to people the way Jesus did as we are boycotting things, we might see more souls saved then we do. We can agree to disagree and I don't mind being corrected if I'm wrong but come on people pick your battles. Don't get me started on the issue of abortion, why don't we fight for children to stay alive like we do the color of a coffee cup?

No comments:

Post a Comment

♫ ♪ Feel free to comment! I enjoy interacting with the readers of my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...