. Mardi Robyn: When Things Don't Happen As Soon As You Plan Mardi Robyn: When Things Don't Happen As Soon As You Plan

Friday, August 17, 2018

When Things Don't Happen As Soon As You Plan

 I know this title is similar to my previous  blog post, but these are thoughts that have been on my mind lately.

When things do not happen as soon as we plan we often get impatient and stressed out. Let me make this blog post personal. 

When things do not happen as soon as I plan i get impatient and stressed out. I question God even though I know His timing is perfect. 

I wanted to be married by now with children.  I'm single.

I wanted to have a book published, at least one by this age. Where do I start?

I wanted to still be singing in Churches and at Festivals and Events. When I was a teenager singing from place to place I dreamed that by the time I was the age I am now I would have my own tour bus, a record deal, a booking agent. I would have CD's out, sing with the Gaither Homecoming Friends, tour with my favorites in Southern Gospel and Contemporary Gospel.

I wanted to star in Christian movies.  I wanted to star in Hallmark movies. How do I even begin to audition for movies?

I wanted, I wanted, I wanted, I still want.  I dream of all of the above happening. I know one day each one of those desires will take place.  I know that dreams I have not discussed in this blog post will happen as well. 

The clincher, the part we, the part I don't like very well, that is trusting God.  O, I love God. I know His plans are far greater than my plans. I know He put these desires in my heart. I know His timing is perfect. But, how many times have I fretted asking God why my timing couldn't be His timing? Truth is  it can be, but in a reverse sense. I want God to be on my time schedule. Instead He wants my timing to be His time schedule.

So I am going to trust God.  I am going to pray and listen for His guidance. I am going to do what I can to be prepared for when the time comes for my desires to be granted.

I am going to work to become a better woman. A woman who loves God even more then I already do. A woman who allows God to prepare my heart and mind, my emotions, everything He needs to work on, so when He does give me my Mr. Right I will be ready. Sure we will grow together, but I have growing to do while I am single.

I will continue uploading YouTube videos of me singing, and singing live on Facebook when God prompts me too. I will sing, sing, sing. Sing in the shower, sing outside, sing while I'm working, sing in the vehicle. Sing to the birds, the bee's, my dogs, my horses. Sing to my God whose timing is perfect.  I will practice my piano until it becomes second nature and then keep on playing.

I will continue making YouTube videos so I will be comfortable in front of a camera when the day comes that I get to act in a Christian movie and in a Hallmark movie.

I will write. I will blog. I will write poems, thoughts, whatever comes to mind that I feel I need to write I will write, and when God tells me it is time to begin writing my first book to be published, I will listen and I will obey.

Bottom line.  I will trust in my God who has never failed me and never will.  

When things don't happen as soon as I plan, what should I do?  Here is the answer,

Trust in the Lord with all my heart and lean not on my own understanding. In all my ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct my paths. Proverbs 3:5-6


No comments:

Post a Comment

♫ ♪ Feel free to comment! I enjoy interacting with the readers of my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...