. Mardi Robyn: Throwback Posts: Someones Always Watching You Mardi Robyn: Throwback Posts: Someones Always Watching You

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Throwback Posts: Someones Always Watching You

A couple Sunday’s ago in my blog titled “Good Afternoon” I mentioned our Pastor said in his sermon that “Someone Is Always Watching You.” Which made me think; I have heard this saying for as long as I can remember. I have used the phrase myself, but every time I hear it, or read it, I cannot help but think about how our life’s actions reflect who we are on the inside of us. Whether we like it or not, someone is always watching us. Could be our Parents, siblings, Grandparents, Uncles, Aunts, Cousins, nieces, and nephews. Could be our friends, someone we come in contact with on a daily basis, or a complete stranger. We are always being watched to see what choices we will make, and how we live our lives. As Christians we are to reflect the nature of Christ. We are to be Christ-Like spreading the love of Jesus with whomever we meet, that is our job. Jesus said we are the light of the world.


Matthew 5:13-16 says;


13 Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men. 14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. 15 do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. 16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.


We are the salt of the earth. We are the light of the world. We are to be Jesus to the world, reflecting our Saviour. One of my friends, who was my neighbor for a bout a year before my Parents and I moved to Mississippi, she told me a quote one time I have not forgotten, “Be the moon, reflect the SON.” A quote so simple, yet so profound. We are to be like the moon and reflect the Son of God, Jesus Christ.

A sweet woman in Alabama, who is a friend of the families, taught the Sunday School class I attended before moving to MS, she said something one time I haven’t forgotten either, she quoted a famous quote, “If we were arrested for being a Christian would there be enough evidence to convict us?” Ouch. I hope my life reflects Christ so well that if arrested for His name sake I would be convicted of being a Christian. But from where I am standing, I do not think my life represents the love of Jesus as brightly as it should. I’m picturing dim headlights on a car in the middle of a dark, foggy night, not clearing the way to travel safely. If our lives don’t shine brightly leading the way to Jesus, then our witness will be more danger than safety. Like trying to drive on a curvy road with dim headlights. The bible says “The blind cannot lead the blind.” Someone is always watching us, therefore we need to make sure we are not walking blindly, but walking in the Light of Jesus Christ so we can properly reflect the Son. Only if we are in tune to the Son will we be able to radiate the light of the Son; Jesus Christ.


Another quote that is one of my favorites was said by Evangelist Billy Graham:

“We are the Bibles the world is reading. We are the creeds the world is needing. We are the sermons the world is heeding.” Evangelist Billy Graham.

No comments:

Post a Comment

♫ ♪ Feel free to comment! I enjoy interacting with the readers of my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...