. Mardi Robyn: Throwback Posts: Fear Not Mardi Robyn: Throwback Posts: Fear Not

Friday, June 14, 2013

Throwback Posts: Fear Not

For God has not given us the spirit of fear, but of Power and of Love and of a Sound Mind. II Timothy 1:7

That is one of my favorite Bible verses. I have read and quoted it many times. It is a comforting verse, to know that God doesn't give us fear. Who does? The devil gives us fear. So if we have fear, than it's not of God, it's of the devil. Since it's of the devil, fear as no right in a Christians life, therefore I shouldn't fear. It's really simple once you break it down, and understand, hey, this fear I feel, has no right in my life because God gives me power, love and a sound mind, not fear, so fear be gone in Jesus name. James 4:7-8 instructs us to Submit ourselves to God, resist the devil and the devil will flee from us. If we draw nigh to God, He will draw nigh to us. Verse eight goes on to say, cleanse your hands sinner; and purify your hearts, you double minded.

Let's not be double minded. We know God doesn't give us fear, so let's choose not to have fear. Yes, fear will creep up on us, but it doesn't have to stay in Jesus name! We can rebuke the fear and the fear has to flee in the name of Jesus! Fear is of the devil. God gives us life, He gives us joy, He gives us hope, He gives us love and peace. Not fear. I read an acronym for fear once that puts it plain and simple, "F.E.A.R. = False Evidence Appearing Real." I heard a preacher once say that "Fear Not" is found in God's Word 365, if that's the case, that means one fear not for every day! (No, that doesn't mean the one extra day during leap year we are to fear.) Do you have fear? It's not of God, get rid of it!!

For God has not given you the spirit of fear, but of Power and of Love and of a Sound mind!! 2 Timothy 1:7

No comments:

Post a Comment

♫ ♪ Feel free to comment! I enjoy interacting with the readers of my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...