. Mardi Robyn: Throwback Post: Determined Mardi Robyn: Throwback Post: Determined

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Throwback Post: Determined

I refuse to be superficial

I’m going to be me

And You’re entitled to disagree

Tired of trying to please the world

I’m not an ordinary girl

Tired of hiding in a shell

Living that way is like being in hell

You can like me, hate me, wish I would leave

But whatever you choose I’ll still be me



I can’t fit a mold not designed for me

I tried to be normal but I can’t camouflage

I have to be genuine. I have to keep it real

You don’t determine my happiness

And that isn’t up for an appeal

I’m determined. I’m willing, I’m independent and headstrong

Sometimes right, sometimes wrong, but we don’t always have to get along.

Never use to care if I was like everyone else, until one day, I don’t know when, but now I‘m back on my feet. We were created original individuals, patterned only after our Creator.

I know who I am. I know who I was created to be. I have a lot to learn and a long way to go but with God, I’m going to succeed, that one thing I know is guaranteed.

My life isn’t my own, I’m bought with a price and I am His and His alone. Foolishness led me to try and please everyone around me instead of my King, but grace led me back to what I believe. My focus is on being who God created me to be.

I’ll make mistakes. I am not perfect. Sometimes I am weak, other times I am strong. I don’t always have it together, no one does, but I refuse to be anyone other than me. I won’t change to please you. I won’t be a replica of an image you perceive me to be. Tried to see myself through everyone’s eyes, tried to be who everyone wanted me to be, but truth is, I am just me. And me is who I want to be. No more hiding behind fear, doubt and insecurity, my Life has always belonged to God, time to go back to being confident in who He created me to be. I’m Martha Robyn Manning and I’m happy to be…me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

♫ ♪ Feel free to comment! I enjoy interacting with the readers of my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...