. Mardi Robyn: Throwback Post: Confidence Mardi Robyn: Throwback Post: Confidence

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Throwback Post: Confidence

In this blog entry I want to talk about being who God made you to be and having confidence in yourself and the ability God has given you.



For a couple of years now I have struggled with having confidence in myself. Somewhere along the way I began to look at others and compare myself to them. Mainly in the area of communication. I have never had a problem expressing myself. Words have always flowed freely. I have always been shy and a little reserved but even at that I have never had a problem discussing things with people, carrying on a regular conversation, until a while ago when like I said I began to compare myself to others.

I saw how some people used elaborate words, and seemed knowledgeable in areas I have not taken the time to study. For some reason I began to compare myself. I began to think that whoever was better than myself, and I started believing the devils lies that I wasn’t good enough. That I lacked something. I realize now that it was the devil just being plain stupid. I knew it then, but not as clearly as I do now.

By nature I am a blunt, straight forward, to the point, let’s not sugar coat it kind of person. For some reason I began to think there was something wrong with being straight forward and blunt. I admit, there is something wrong with that type of attitude when you are doing it just to be rude. But when you aren’t being rude and it just comes natural, I don’t see that there is anything wrong with it. I have never really been one to use long phrases, and elaborate words all the time to make a statement. For example if something stinks just say it stinks. Don’t beat around the bush, just say what you mean and get it over with.

My main mistake with the whole lack of confidence in my speech was comparing myself to others and thinking there was something wrong. Instead of just being myself, I tried to pattern myself after others because I thought I was missing something, when in truth I have what they have, I just listened to the stupid devils lies. When you don’t have confidence in being able to communicate, your communication starts to have an effect in a negative direction. You start mixing up words, more often than just occasionally, or you are slower in talking, or get confused at what you are trying to say. You know it in your brain, but the words aren’t coming out, you start to express your opinion and end with I don’t know what I’m trying to say, or I don’t know. Or something to that effect. It’s hard to describe, but when you have or have had a lack of confidence in that area you know what I am talking about.

Carrying on conversations becomes an intimidation almost. And it isn’t the other person’s fault. You think to yourself well maybe I just don’t know how to communicate. That is a lie. God gave me the ability to communicate, I have known it since I was a child. And you know what, the devil knew it to therefore he has tried his best to stop me from doing so because he knows God has called me to live for Christ and tell others about Jesus saving grace and the blood He shed on Calvary over two thousand years ago.

I have no problem speaking, I have no problem writing. I have no problem telling you what I am trying to tell you, unless I start listening to the devil and his lies, which I now refuse to do.

Whatever it is God has called you to do, He has equipped you to do it regardless of what that calling is. Through Christ you can do it. That really hits home for me. Because I have had a tendency to question God’s calling on my life for far to long, in teaching, speaking, writing, singing, playing piano etc… The truth is the devil uses doubt to destroy God’s people, I refuse to be destroyed by doubt and fear because Jesus gives me the strength I need daily, if I rely on Him daily to be my strength and fulfill my need.

Thinking about it all makes sense. I am happy to say, you stupid devil you lost this battle, this just ain’t your day!

Whatever God has called you to do, be assured through Christ you can do it! One of my favorite verses in the Bible is Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me. It’s time I start living it. You can too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

♫ ♪ Feel free to comment! I enjoy interacting with the readers of my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...