. Mardi Robyn: Throwback Posts: I was Just Walking My Dog Mardi Robyn: Throwback Posts: I was Just Walking My Dog

Saturday, March 9, 2013

Throwback Posts: I was Just Walking My Dog

I was walking my dog Goober today when the Lord started talking to me. He told me I act just like my dog sometimes. I bite my leash, roll over, turn flips, resisting His leading trying to get God to go the other way as if I know best. I sit still and be stubborn thinking I know best and I am not moving regardless of how much God tells me to come and pulls on my leash, (my heart) Or I'll sit up and act cute as if I am trying to get God to think I know what's best, and maybe if I act cute and innocent God will change His mind and play my game. Or if I do decide to walk with God and follow His lead, I still insist on holding the leash in my mouth and give it a tug ever few steps thinking by doing so I somehow have control. I try to play games, or take the leash out of God's hands. When all the while God is just trying to get me to walk beside Him, training me so I will be a better person and obey His will for my life.

Amazing the lessons that can be learned from doing everyday tasks. Today, I got a lesson just walking my dog!


No comments:

Post a Comment

♫ ♪ Feel free to comment! I enjoy interacting with the readers of my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...