. Mardi Robyn: Throwback Posts: The Face in the Mirror Mardi Robyn: Throwback Posts: The Face in the Mirror

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Throwback Posts: The Face in the Mirror

When the face in the mirror asks you who you are, do you have an answer for the reflection you see? When your eyes look back at you, as if staring into your soul, and you don’t recognize who you have become. It’s so far from where you begun and you begin to realize the truth, you need to get back to the roots planted years ago, to the very depth of your being. You need to embrace your true identity and be who God created you to be.

When the face in the mirror stares at you, wondering what road you traveled, how far you have come, why you got lost from who you are, will you choose to cast off the image that isn’t your own and embrace the image created for you by God alone, or will you choose to continue wearing a mask as if going to a masquerade, acting fake, posing as a cheap replica of someone else, camouflaging the true you that lies inside, the original work of art that God intended for you to display when He designed the blueprint for your life.
I have been faced with such a choice. I never thought I would question it or try to walk in the path of someone else, but foolishness led me to try and “fit-in” to try and change my personality to match those around me, in short, the truth….I cannot fit into something not meant for me to wear.

I have been faced with a choice, and forever more I choose to be the woman God created me to be. He designed me an original. He stamped the blueprint for my life with His approval because He is the Creator of that blueprint. My life is His for His glory. It is time Martha Robyn stops playing games and embraces the calling God has placed on my life long before I was born.
When the face in the mirror asks me who I am, I will no longer see myself trying to become someone I am not, no instead when my eyes look back at me as if staring into my soul, with my shoulders squared and my head held high I will answer with this reply…. I am a daughter of the King, I am who God created me to be. I am an original work of Art, and my Lord and Savior has my heart! No longer will I live in chains, trying to be who I am not. I am free to be me in Christ, even if that is strange and odd and different from the norm, I still choose to follow Christ! No longer will the face in the mirror question who it has become, it will know without a doubt, I’m Mardi Manning, I belong to Christ and like it or not…I’m who He created me to be. I’ll follow His blueprint for my life, and trust Him with my life!


Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not into your own understanding in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths! ~ Proverbs 3:5-6

I will praise You; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are Your works: and my soul knows right well ~ Psalm 139:14

No comments:

Post a Comment

♫ ♪ Feel free to comment! I enjoy interacting with the readers of my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...