. Mardi Robyn: DIY Cocoa Coconut Oil Body Scrub Mardi Robyn: DIY Cocoa Coconut Oil Body Scrub

Saturday, February 9, 2013

DIY Cocoa Coconut Oil Body Scrub

Lately I have been reading up on natural DIY beauty treatments. They fascinate me. Thursday I decided to make a body scrub.  I tweaked this "Warm Vanilla Brown Sugar Scrub Recipe," that I found on another website.   I must say it turn out wonderful.  My skin feels softer, looks better and I smelled like chocolate cake for hours after I used the body scrub. Double bonus!

(I apologize for not having a picture! I forgot to take one before I used the scrub.)

Ingredients:

1 Cup of Sugar. (I used white sugar, but you can use brown sugar.)
10 tablespoons of coconut oil.
1 spoonful of cocoa powder.  (not necessary, but it does make it smell wonderful!

Mix the ingredients together in an air tight container.  

Most body scrubs keep for three months. I do not know how long this will stay fresh. The ingredient measurements make a small container of body scrub. I used it last night and tonight. There is enough left in the container for about two more uses.


Some tips when using body scrub.

Before getting into your bath or shower brush your skin in a circular motion with a dry loofah. Be gentle so you do not irritate your skin. 

In the bath, rinse, and apply the body scrub.  In circular motions use your wet loofah to exfoliate. Be sure to be gentle so you don't irritate your skin.

Rinse the body scrub off, bath as normal.  After your bath/shower make sure you use a moisturizing lotion. 

I am pleased with how this recipe turned out!

Have you tried any body scrubs lately?  Feel free to share!

1 comment:

  1. Okay this sounds positively amazing! Want to try that soon :)

    ReplyDelete

♫ ♪ Feel free to comment! I enjoy interacting with the readers of my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...