. Mardi Robyn: My Life Mardi Robyn: My Life

Thursday, December 6, 2012

My Life

I posted this on my personal blog "I Am A Daughter of the King" but I wanted to share it with you on this blog.


I want to make a difference....

I want to live my life in such a way that people see Christ in me, not a selfish human being. I don't want to live a mediocre life. I don't want to become so wrapped up in beauty, material objects, and things that fade. I want to make a difference.

I have wanted to for as long as I can remember, from the time I was a little girl I have wanted to do something that makes a difference.

I want people's lives to be better because of me. When they think of me I want them to say "That girl loves God, she lives out His command to love her neightbor as herself." I don't want them to see just me. I want them to see Christ through me.

It can be easy to become caught up in everyday things, in the trials and tribulations that knock on our door. It can become easy to drift off in a world of happiness all our own and shut ourselves away to daydreaming and pleasures of this world that make us happy for a season but does not last.

I don't want my life to be about me.

I want it to be about my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To follow His example. To serve others. To have a heart that keeps on giving regardless of how it has been hurt. To model my life after Christ, to be an example of Him. To live my life as if my Jesus was walking by my side in physical flesh everyday. He is walking with me everyday, His Holy Spirit lives inside of me. I may not see Him in human form with my eyes, but I can feel Him. I see His handiwork, His presence, the artwork He painted for us to enjoy in a sunrise, a sunset, a baby's laugh, a flower, a human being. I see Him everywhere. I want to represent Him. I want Him to be proud of me. To say that's my daughter doing what I have called her to do. I know I am a daughter of the King, I know that He loves me, I know He is proud of me, but I want to do what He wants me to do all the time, not just when it is convienant for me to do so.

I want my life to be a testimony of His goodness, His mercy. His grace. His love. When I leave this world I don't want people to remember me and say "she was a good girl, she loved people." I want them to say "She loved Jesus, I could see Him through her and because she let Him use her, my life has been touched." I want to be a blessing. I want to show people that Jesus loves. He doesn't hate them, He loves them and no matter what sins a person has committed, no matter how hard their life is, no matter who they are or where they are from Jesus is always waiting with open arms. He forgives sins, and gives second chances. Following Him is not popular. It isn't always easy, but I would rather follow my Lord and Savior then to live my life without Him.

I tried shutting Him out of my life. I tried doing my own thing. I tried running away from His calling, but. no matter how hard I ran, He was running beside me, gently leading me back to Him. Pouring His mercy and grace over me when I ran back to Him. With loving arms He took me in, held me close and reminded me that I am His child. I am a daughter of the King. I am blood bought and I am redeemed. I am created in the image of Jesus Christ my King. No longer am I bound by sin and shame, my Jesus blood it still reminds. I, Mardi Manning am a daughter of the King. I want to represent Him. I want my Daddy, (God) to be proud of me. I want to live my life is such a way that there is no denying I am a daughter of the King.

I have a mental list of things I want to do. Places I want to travel. Goals I want to reach. I hope that I am able to accomplish them all. I believe I will be able to. However none of them would be worth accomplishing if I did not accomplish my greatest desire, that is to follow my Jesus and do as He pleases.

I tried the worlds ways, it doesn't please me. I tried shrugging off the responsibilities being God's daughter requires. I could never shrug them off, they were always there as a reminder of who I am. I tried to run from what God asked me to do. I tried to convince myself He could no longer use me. But do you know what? I was wrong. He can still use me. All it takes is me surrendering daily to His will.

I am ready to make a difference for my King and stop playing games. I want to use the talents He has blessed me with for His glory, instead of hiding them. I want my business "Mardi Robyn" to represent Him, with solid morals and intergrity. I want to use it as a platform to witness to others about the love of Jesus.

I am ready to live the adventure of serving Jesus without abandon.

Let the new chapter begin.....


"I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me." Philippians 4:13

No comments:

Post a Comment

♫ ♪ Feel free to comment! I enjoy interacting with the readers of my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...