. Mardi Robyn: A Glimpse At 2011 Mardi Robyn: A Glimpse At 2011

Sunday, January 8, 2012

A Glimpse At 2011

Looking back on 2011 one word that comes to mind is…Wow! What an experience it turned out to be. The year flew in a blur but with that blur brought many experiences, challenges and growth that I am thankful for in spite of the struggles. I believe 2011 helped shape me, it feels like one big spurt of growth I won’t forget!

In 2011 I pierced my ears for the first time, became more independent, made friendships, gained best friends, learned more about what it meant to be a friend, saw my business “Mardi Robyn” take off and became not only a national seller but also an international seller to Canada, Australia, Brazil and Norway. I began driving more in 2011 including in the big city of Hattiesburg, which now seems to be such a minor thing, why I ever made it such a mountain I am not sure, other than I tend to over-think some things and make mountains out of mole-hills, a lesson I learned all to well this past year. I learned more being a pharmacy technician, became a certified pharmacy technician, tried new haircuts, had my hair foiled black and caramel, dyed my hair red for the first time, was a Maid of Honor in my friends wedding, changed Churches, got my first professional French manicure, traveled to Branson, Missouri with my parents, It was amazing!! Saw a 50’s show and the Presley’s Jubilee live in person! Got a spray tan, embraced being a girly girl! Met a lot of wonderful people, learned that I still have my backbone. Struggled with my identity but found that I am still me. Regained confidence I thought I lost. Took six months of voice and piano and regained confidence in my ability through Christ to sing and play.
2011 brought about a lot of changes, a lot of growth, a lot of firsts, there have been laughter, sorrow, joy and tears, friendships, love, heartache, pain, happiness and facing fears. Isn’t that what life is all about? It is a journey, an experience, an adventure. 2011 was definitely an adventure. As much as I am thankful for the journey of 2011 I am equally if not more thankful that it is 2012. I look forward to what God has in store for me this year. I’ve caught a glimpse and I’m excited!

What do I have planned? Oh, well we will see! For now I’ll give you a glimpse, develop my business an watch it grow, finish my photography courses. Speaking of education I have enrolled in jewelry design school through correspondence, and this coming week I will be finishing the enrollment process to become a student at a local Junior College, I plan on getting my basics out of the way and focusing on being a full-time nursing student…who would’ve thought?!

Have you reflected over the year 2011? What memories will you cherish, what did you learn, how did you grow? What do you anticipate the year 2012 to hold for you?
Life is an exciting adventure, I’m 25 and it is just begun to blossom into exciting colors beyond my wildest imagination!

Happy New Year 2012! Keep Christ first and focus on Him and He will direct your paths!!


"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart and lean not on thine own understanding, in all thine ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths!" ~Proverbs 3:5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment

♫ ♪ Feel free to comment! I enjoy interacting with the readers of my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...