. Mardi Robyn: Traumatic Brain Injury Series Post 1. Mardi Robyn: Traumatic Brain Injury Series Post 1.

Saturday, January 5, 2019

Traumatic Brain Injury Series Post 1.

To begin this series of my traumatic brain injury journey, I think it best to start with some of the writings I did in my journal after my injury.  It is through them you can get a deeper look.

This particular journal entry I made in August 2012, almost three months after I wrecked May 28th, 2012.  In this post I was reflecting on life before the wreck, and well, so I don't give it away before you get to read the entry, here it is...

As a teenager I would write and journal often. I love to write. In the beginning of my twenties I wrote often and blogged a lot. 

Then the real world hit me. I got a job and a new world spread out before me and I quickly and somewhat foolishly found myself opening up to people, neglecting being cautious who I opened up to at work, and neglecting writing and blogging on a daily basis. 

That is when the confusion set in. Long story short, not everyone is a friend.  A lot of people are nosy and pretend. I learned not to be so naive. 

I believe I will be expressing my thoughts and working things out in my mind by writing it on paper again. I find through writing that I am more myself. I am connected with my thoughts and inner feelings and most importantly more time to listen to my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. It is when I write I quiet everything and am more apt to listen.  Welcome back to my first love of communicating....writing.

End of journal entry.

You may wonder how this has anything to do with a traumatic brain injury. I will explain. See this was the first journal entry I wrote after my brain injury. It was through expressing myself on paper that I realized writing would help me with my traumatic brain injury.   Not everyone would understand, but writing helps clear my confusion. With a traumatic brain injury, especially in the beginning stages I felt out of control.   Writing made me feel like I had some control, and it helped me understand what I was going through, which in turn helped me be able to vocalize what I was going through to my Parents, Family, Close Friends, Doctors, Therapists and Counselor.


No comments:

Post a Comment

♫ ♪ Feel free to comment! I enjoy interacting with the readers of my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...