. Mardi Robyn: Home Improvements Mardi Robyn: Home Improvements

Monday, October 29, 2018

Home Improvements

It's a beautiful, sunny and warm day here in South Alabama. I am outside on one of our porches sitting in our wooden glider enjoying the day.

My dog Bama is laying on the floor in front of me watching the birds, and anything else he sees.  My dog Paddy Anne is walking around on the porch exploring.

In the background I hear hammering from inside my house. We are remodeling our living room. My Daddy and two other men who are family members are working to tear down the walls so they can put new sheet rock on the walls.  The front door frame is being made wider for a larger door.  One wall in the living room is going to be made four feet longer for more wall room.  I believe they are going to make my parents bedroom door frame larger for a larger door.

Last week the men pulled up the carpet in our living room and put down beautiful pine flooring. After the walls are finished they will coat it with pretty sealant and polyurethane to make the floors beautiful.  

Once the living room is finished the pine floor will be put in the kitchen and the adjoining dinning room. 

A lot of remodeling is taking place and will be taking place over the next few weeks, I will update more as it takes place.  Our kitchen will be remodeled, so will my bedroom and bathroom along with some other changes. I am excited.

I enjoy hearing everyone chattering and telling stories from when they were younger as they work in the living room.  Its a peaceful sound.

Paddy Anne is watching me, this is the first time she has seen me with my laptop outside.  She is a curious puppy.

Even though it is hot, I can feel Autumn in the air.

Thank you Jesus for Your peace that passes all understanding.

3 comments:

  1. Will there be more room for Mardi-Mart? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Possibly!! It may be next year before those renovations begin, but I am excited about them!

      Delete

♫ ♪ Feel free to comment! I enjoy interacting with the readers of my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...