. Mardi Robyn: Goodbye Mississippi, Hello Alabama. Mardi Robyn: Goodbye Mississippi, Hello Alabama.

Saturday, January 20, 2018

Goodbye Mississippi, Hello Alabama.

*I wrote this in May of 2017 while my Parents and I were packing up to move from Mississippi back to our home State of Alabama.*



When my family and I moved into this house (in Mississippi) I was a child on the brink of adulthood. We moved to Mississippi, August, 28th, 2004. One month and three days before my eighteenth birthday.  It was my Senior year of high school. I homeschooled so I did not have to worry about transitioning from one school to the next. 

I was raised in Alabama from the time my Parents took me home from the Hospital in Florida where I was born.  You could say I grew up in Alabama.  You could also say I grew up in Mississippi during the thirteen years I have lived here. 

A lot of firsts happened for me right here in Mississippi.  First speech given in front of Church for my Senior year English project to graduate.  First time I preached was in the little Church we attended. I got my permit and first driver's license in Mississippi.   My wisdom teeth were taken out in Mississippi.  It was in Mississippi that I started my online business, found new independence, became an adult, took voice lessons, got my first job, became a licensed and certified Pharmacy Technician. Felt a lot of joy, happiness, and pain.  Got my horses. Fell in love with a dog I named Goober, later feel in love a second time with a dog I named Bama.  

I learned important lessons. I had my first wreck in a vehicle where I was driving. I wrecked a dirt bike and was diagnosed with a traumatic brain injury.  In Mississippi I met some incredible people who became good friends and family. 

Mississippi has been a second home. I have grown. I have learned. 

Leaving is not easy.  I may be moving back to my Home State of Alabama, but I am carrying all the memories with me.  Maybe not the bad ones, they can stay here, but all the good memories I will forever cherish in my heart and in my mind. 

It won't be the end, I will still visit Mississippi to see my nephew, his family, which includes his fiance and my sweet great niece.  I will come back often for Doctors appointments until I find a Doctor in Alabama.  It won't be the same though.   These trips will be visits, staying in hotels. Living in this house is coming to an end. 

A new chapter is beginning. 
Goodbye old house.
It's been real.
Hello adventure, I am ready. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

♫ ♪ Feel free to comment! I enjoy interacting with the readers of my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...