It is common in the blogosphere world for bloggers to post atleast one post of "Top 10 Resources" rather those resources are cooking, make-up, webdesign or anything else that has it's on category. I decided to do my own top 10 list of resources. Resouces that I use and deem necessary and or helpful when running an online business and blog sooo in no particular order, here is my top 10 list of helpful resources I use from time to time! Enjoy!
1. Pinterest : I love pinterest! It has quickly taken the world wide web by storm! I love it so much I have the app downloaded onto my iphone so I can browse the site and repin pins when I am not on my computer! Pinterest is very helpful for finding ideas and inspiration, as well as promoting my own jewelry. A feature on Etsy lets you pin your jewelry items, (or anyone elses if you are just browing shops) I like to pin my jewelry to my board "Mardi Robyn" on pinterest. I always love it when someone "repins" one of my jewelry creations!
2. Everything Etsy : I came across this website not to long ago and I like it a lot! The author is a home-school Mom which I think is awesome, especially considering I am a homeschool graduate! This website has a lot of helpful resources and information for running your online business on Etsy. I recommend everyone who is interested in selling their handmade creations check out this website!
3. Modish Biz: I came across this website a few years ago, around the same time I opened up my first Etsy Shop. It has a wealth of information on how to run an online business. I recommend this website as well!
4. Ehow: I love ehow. I don't visit it nearly often enough, however I recently downloaded the ehow app to my iphone and plan on browsing it often. I like ehow because you can find a variety of helpful information from running a business, jewelry making ideas, tutorials, fashion and style, health and gardening, you name it you can probably find just about anything.
5. Wikipedia: I have found Wikipedia to be very helpful. And yes I have the app on my iphone! If I want to learn about a fashion trend, style or anything for that matter, all I have to do is go to wikipedia. It is convienant and has a ton of information.
6. The Cutest Blog on the Block : I like this website alot! It has free background and templates for twitter, wordpress, and blogspot. It also has banners and blinkies. Its fun and has a nice layout. You can also find tutorials for blogging. I learned how to add three columns to my blogs from this website and how to add a layered background (like on this website it has a blue background and then white on top of the blue) They also do custom designs. I use one of their free blogger backgrounds on my website Cutesy for Less www.cutesyforless.com
7. Google : Google really needs no introduction. lol I use it to search for anything and everything that I am searching for. Business help, ideas, etc.. As millions of people have discovered, google is a very helpful search engine.
8. Amazon : I love shopping Amazon for books on running a business, craft ideas, blogging, etc.. You can find great prices and a variety of resources.
9. Home-Jewelry-Business-Success-Tips: This website has a wealth of information on how to be successful with your jewelry making business. I encourage you to check it out! It is very informative!
10. Urban Dictionary : You have to be careful on this website because it does contain inappropriate language on some of the definations. I visit this website ever once in a while to keep up to date on teenage lingo and styles to kind of help with my jewelry making and promotion since I like to make a lot of jewelry that is appealing to children, teenagers, and college students.
What resources would you recommend?