. Mardi Robyn: Our Horses Mardi Robyn: Our Horses

Monday, October 18, 2010

Our Horses

Horse
The newest addition to our family!   She is an 11 year old paint horse. My parents bought her and brought her home Saturday while I was at work! Isn't she beautiful?!     She is tame, gentle, and very sweet!  Her previous owner named her Four-Socks, but we are going to change the name when we decide on one.   I love this horse!  She loves attention, loves to be petted, and she will lay her head over on you.    There is a possibility she is pregnant, I am excited at the possibility! 

My Parents wanted to buy a full grown horse so she could kind of mother our colts, adopting them and helping us train them.     Our colts names are Shiloh and Shy'Anne.  They were born in May and we brought them home about a month ago.    From the time they were born until we brought them home they were not messed with, time wasn't spent with them, so they are getting use to being around people.  We are hoping once they become use to the horse we bought Saturday they will begin following her example and letting us play with them more.   They are gradually making progress, they are not nearly as timid around us as they were, and they will eat out of our hands.

Saturday my Daddy asked me which horse I would like to call my own, he said they were all my horses and I could claim all of them, but if I had a pick of one horse to call just mine and when I move out or get married and move out whichever comes first, which one would I want to take with me. I choose Shy'Anne!

American Paint Horse
Now, to get her use to me!  She will walk up to me, and doesn't mind me being near, but she isn't sure about being petted yet, she is precious. When I pet her nose she will shake her head and move back and then try to touch me, but she isn't sure she wants to be pet.

Shiloh is sweet! He will eat peppermints out of my hand and is making progress. He seems to be getting use to the idea of being petted faster than Shy'Anne, but Shy'Anne will come around!



American Paint Horse
Shiloh!

It is kind of neat to think when I first saw a picture of Shiloh before we brought them home, I fell in-love with him!  He is gorgeous!  I just "knew" he and I would be buddy, buddy and I still believe we will.  Shy'Anne I thought was pretty but I was more excited about Shiloh.  I remember going on and on about Shiloh and then telling Mama it would be funny if once we brough them home it turned out I became more attached to Shy'Anne.  She smiled and agreed with me.  Guess what, I am more attached to Shy'Anne! I am attached to both of them, but Shy'Anne I chose be my own horse.  There is something about her that I like. Maybe it is the fact she is stubborn and cute about it!




American Paint Horse

American Paint Horse

Horse
Mocha


I am really happy!  I love my horses!! They are a lot of fun! Tomorrow I plan on taking even more pictures!!

1 comment:

  1. Isn't she beautiful?! She is tame, gentle, and very sweet!

    Reminds me *exactly* of someone I know! (Except for that "tame" part, that is. lol.)

    There is a possibility she is pregnant, I am excited at the possibility!

    Awesome!

    Guess what, I am more attached to Shy'Anne! I am attached to both of them, but Shy'Anne I chose be my own horse. There is something about her that I like. Maybe it is the fact she is stubborn and cute about it!

    Lucky Shy'Anne! :-)

    I am really happy! I love my horses!! They are a lot of fun! Tomorrow I plan on taking even more pictures!!

    Yay! I look forward to seeing the pictures! :-)

    ReplyDelete

♫ ♪ Feel free to comment! I enjoy interacting with the readers of my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...