. Mardi Robyn: Being Content When Life Doesn’t Go Like I Planned Mardi Robyn: Being Content When Life Doesn’t Go Like I Planned

Tuesday, April 9, 2024

Being Content When Life Doesn’t Go Like I Planned

 “I have learned in whatsoever state I am to be content.” Philippians 4:11 


What a verse!  Being content in the midst of circumstances beyond our control is not easy. Being content in situations that is within our control isn’t easy.


Impossible? Absolutely not! Having joy and peace inside is a gift made accessible to us by God. It is a jewel, a priceless treasure. It is not allowing things to rob us of our contentment, it is keeping a positive outlook even when things do not look positive. 


True happiness does not come from having everything you want in life. True happiness comes from within. It comes from God. You can have everything money can buy. You can be rich, poor, or in between, but if you don’t rely on God to be your true source of happiness, you will be miserable. 


Many people cross their arms and get an attitude refusing to find joy in everyday moments because life isn’t how they wanted or planned. That’s not how God intended for us to live. We miss diamonds while waiting for rhinestones we think we need to make our lives fulfilled.  


On the flip side, maybe what you are waiting for is far more valuable than diamonds (and no I’m not talking about actual diamonds). Don’t miss the the journey pouting because it isn’t happening as fast as you would like.


I am work in progress. Several years of health issues was never in my life’s plans. It happened. I can choose to be bitter about the things it kept me from achieving by now, or I can choose to learn from the experiences, be thankful for the lessons, be thankful for those who helped me along the way and trust that God’s timing is perfect and He will restore the years the locust ate.


We don’t have to worry. Our attitudes during the journey to our destination makes a big difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment

♫ ♪ Feel free to comment! I enjoy interacting with the readers of my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...