. Mardi Robyn: Throwback Post: Excited About 2010!!!!! Mardi Robyn: Throwback Post: Excited About 2010!!!!!

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Throwback Post: Excited About 2010!!!!!

Please forgive my lack of posting this week, or lack of content when I have posted. I have been busy organizing and getting things in order for the New Year! I am so excited about 2010! Not just because of my new venture in selling jewelry and craft projects that have become a hobby of mine, but because I am excited about what God is doing in my life now and is going to do in my life, inside and outside of my business! It is really exciting!

Yesterday afternoon I began organizing my room. If you were to walk into my room it would not take you long to find out that I collect books. I have ALOT of books, Bibles in different versions, Sunday school books and curriculum, textbooks, classics, Christian books, devotionals, self-help books, Christian romance, crafts, etc.. I just love books, some I have read, others are waiting for me to read. I have so many books my bookcase is overflowing. Next there is all of my craft supplies, Sunday school supplies, and a lot of other things. So yesterday I spent hours rearranging, and going through things. I am not through, I still have more I want to go through and organize and get rid of, but for the moment my room is looking a lot better!

Another thing I have started doing to stay organized is keeping a binder with nothing but ideas, information, supply lists, etc.. for this website.I have a list several pages long of ideas, projects, etc.. It was my Mama's idea to keep track of things. She is a very smart lady! Now comes the fun part of deciding what to do each day. What is more important, what projects I need to work on, what designs and styles I should do first to get on the web that might be better to start with than others, etc.. so tonight I am going through my lists in my binder to create a daily to-do list on a legal pad inside a nifty portfolio one of my sisters, brother-in-law and nephew gave me for Christmas. I grew up hearing my Mama tell me to make a list of things I want to accomplish the next day and stick with it until I get it done, if I don't get it done in one day, that is alright just pick back up the next day. And if I have another idea, something comes to mind I want to do, write it on the list and do it when I get to it. I thought it was funny when I came across this video last night with the same advice of writing a list, my Mama has advised me to do for as long as I can remember!




Like I said I am really excited about 2010. I have a lot of ideas, and a lot I hope to accomplish! One thing I plan on doing is create an actual storefront website that isn't blog style like it is now. I will use the blog just to blog, and sell jewelry and other accessories on a more professional looking website. I do not know how long it will take to do this. My goal is to create the website myself, which might take a while! I have designed websites in the past, but I haven't done a lot of web designing in about two years. I took a break from website design and began blogging. Now I am ready to get back into website design. The thing is there are new techniques and programs out there that have devoloped since I worked on websites, plus my knowlege of the basics isn't as good as I would like for it to be, so I need to do some studying and see which route I want to go. I plan on using a mixture of html and a WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) editor, but I might use all html, or I don't know what yet! I have the design in my mind, its just getting it to take shape on the web I need to work on! Anyway I am excited! Until I get the website up and running I will continue using this blog for business as well as add more stuff to my Etsy (www.mardirobyn.etsy.com)

As much as I want to accomplish my goals for www.MardiRobyn.com and other goals this year. I want to make my top priority my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I believe you cannot have success in life without putting Christ first. Sure you might have what looks like success, but inside is what really matters. Outside things are temporary. You can be the richest man or woman on earth, but without the peace of God living inside of you, no amount of wealth can fill the void inside. It is easy to chase after material objects and try to pad yor pocket book, but if your hearts desire isn't to chase after God, catch Him and be caught by Him, everything else will fade and won't bring you pleasure. Eventually the temporary thrill will fade and you will be left empty inside, trying to cover it up with more work, or play but not finding fulfillment anywhere.

I am excited about my business, it has been a dream since I was a little girl. For as long as I can remember I have liked the idea of being my own boss so to speak, and there is nothing wrong with that, however my prayer for this New Year is that I do not get so caught up in Mardi Robyn that I neglect Jesus Christ. Without Him Mardi Robyn wouldn't even be possible. So yes, I want my busines to grow this year, and I believe that it will, but more importantly I want to grow in Jesus Christ!

The Bible says to seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you. So run after God with all the passion inside and I promise you, He will give you the desires of your heart. But guess what, you will find that the desires of your heart, whether it is owning your own business, writing a book, getting married, etc.. the joy of having the desires of your heart will be great, but the relationship you develop with God by seeking Him will be a hundred times greater than receiving the desires of your heart. And the desire you receive will be a hundred times sweeter when you have sought God and know it was He who made it possible!

Tonight I was watching The Basement (http://www.thebasementonline.com/) live at (www.thebasementlive.com) with Evangelist Matt Pitt out of Birmingham, Alabama.He talked about how people make New Years resolutions and had all these plans for the New Year and that was great, but He challenged everyone to make their top priority Jesus Christ! He said, "The New Year needs a New You.....if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got." That is so true. If you have been living without Christ, or you have a ticket out of hell, meaning you are a Christian and you know when you die or if the rapture takes place before you die, you know you will go to heaven, but you don't have an intimate relationship with Jesus Christ, meaning He hasn't become your best friend, then you are missing out on so much. I know I have missed out on so much by not putting Christ first.


My goal for this year is to seek first my Lord and Savior. How do you do that? By praying, reading His Word, spending time worshipping God. Doing everything you do all for the glory of God. That will make you stop and think about what it is you do when you think "Am I doing this for the glory of God?" It is hard to watch the wrong television show, listen to the wrong music, or anything else that isn't pleasing to God when you think, am I doing this so Christ can get the glory, or am I doing this for myself? What really matters in eternity? Am I helping my relationship with Christ, or am I hindering my relationship with Christ by choosing this action. When you start thinking along those lines, and than make the right choices, your life will change for the better. And you can do it, with Christ as your strength you can make right choices! It isn't impossible, all things are possible with God! (Luke 1:37) Philippians 4:13 says "I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me."

Think about it, there is a verse in the Bible that says our body is the temple of the Holy Ghost. We are to glorify God with our bodies. Its pretty hard to glorify God with your body if your getting drunk, or having sex with someone outside of marriage. Maybe you are like me and have never had sex, maybe you are saving yourself for marriage like I am, so that sentence of having sex with someone outside of marriage doesn't apply to you. Awesome! I'm proud of you. But what about how we dress...our body is the temple of the Holy Ghost, we have established that. So shouldn't how we dress act like it? Ladies, we need to be modest in how we dress. Think about it, in one breath we tell guys, ain't no way I'm giving myself to you, I'm saving myself for that one special guy, so you can just back off jack...but then we turn around and dress to catch his attention. There is nothing wrong with dressing nice. BUT there is something wrong with advertising what we are not willing to give. I love what Hayley Dimarco said, "If it ain't on the menu, cover it up!" Our bodies are the temple of the Holy Ghost! Let's act like it! Yes, I know people mess up and make mistakes, it happens and there is forgiveness through Jesus Christ, just ask. But, we don't need to make it a habit. We need to remember we are bought with a price, Christ shed His blood on a cross for our sins, for us. So we can be free in Him. Our body is the temple of the Holy Ghost, we are sons and daughters of the most High God, it is our duty, our calling to act like it. That puts a lot of things in a different perspective, in a different light when you start thinking like that.

When 2011 rolls around I want to be able to look back on 2010 and know that I put my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ first in my life and have a deeper relationship with Him. I want to know that I put Christ first and everyone and everything else second. I believe in doing so, the rewards are far greater than if I did not! My Jesus gave His life for me, the least I can do is give my life to Him by letting His Holy Spirit have His way in me! Will you do the same?

If you want, email me at Mardi@MardiRobyn.com I would love to hear from you! Or leave a comment!

God Bless and Happy New Year!!!


~*~Come unto me, all you that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me: for I am meek and lowly in heart: and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
Matthew 11:28-30~*~

No comments:

Post a Comment

♫ ♪ Feel free to comment! I enjoy interacting with the readers of my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...